Especially this Christmas season, planning to meet with friends can be quite challenging and frustrating. As someone who is always on the go, I wouldn’t want to get lost in an unfamiliar road network which in the Philippines is like a maze filled with one-way streets and small alleyways. Describing a location to a friend can be especially difficult.
Now, KakaoTalk, the No. 1 Social Networking App in the iOS App Store, offers a Location Sharing feature which reduces the hassle of planning and coordinating with your friends, giving you accurate updates on their current location.
With only a few taps on your smartphone or tablet, KakaoTalk’s Location Sharing feature lets your friends know where you are, instead of typing out the complete address. You can also use the feature to share a certain location of choice. Tim Jang, director of Kakao Philippines, explains how this will simplify meeting with friends. “The location feature offers a seamless experience for users, by allowing them to share either their current location or a location of choice all within the KakaoTalk chatroom, without the inconvenience of switching between different applications.”, Tim Jang, director of Kakao Philippines explains how this will simplify meeting with friends.
Share your location in three easy steps:
1. On a chat window, simply swipe to the right, where you’ll see a newly added “Location” button in the hidden menu bar.
2. Depending on the situation, choose between your current whereabouts or a location of your choice by search or by exploring the map.
3. Then, by clicking the ‘Share Location’ bubble, this information will automatically be shared to a friend or your group of friends in the chat room.
Voila! The feature takes advantage of the default map applications for the different operating systems: Google Map for Android OS and Apple Maps for the iOS.
In addition to KakaoTalk’s latest Location Sharing feature, I was delighted to discover the Scheduling feature. Now, gathering friends for an activity is made easier. Schedule helps set reunions and meetings between your friends on KakaoTalk.
Schedule an event in four easy steps:
1. On a chat window, simply swipe to the right, where you’ll see a newly added “Schedule” button in the hidden menu bar.
2. Tap on the “+” sign on the upper right of the screen to add a new event.
3. Key in event details such as Title (if any), Date and Time (and Timezone), Location, RSVP details and notes. You could also set a reminder so everyone is reminded of the event.
4. By tapping on “Done”, everyone in the chat room will be notified of the event.
“The scheduling feature goes hand in hand with the location sharing feature. Just plug in details such as the date, time and location, and send it off to your friends. You can keep easily track of who has confirmed or declined all within the app,” added Jang.
Props to KakaoTalk for these useful new features. Take control of your schedule with the use of KakaoTalk’s revolutionary new features. Enjoy the company of your friends with the help of the Location Sharing feature and Schedule feature.
Join the bandwagon! Download KakaoTalk now! KakaoTalk is available on the iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows, Bada and PC. For more information, visit KakaoTalk’s website at http://www.kakaotalk.com.ph/
DISCLOSURE: This is a sponsored post.